You may have started off as a lifeguard and progressed your way up to a Pool Manager. However, now you know your skills and experience can be better utilized in the commercial swimming pool management industry. The next step in the Company Structure is to the position of Aquatic Supervisor.
The role of Aquatic Supervisor is very important, while at the same time, it allows the individual to grow and acquire knowledge while staying in an area they know and are very comfortable. Aquatic Supervisors have a lot of responsibility and report directly to a Regional Director and General Manager.
The main function of an Aquatic Supervisor is to oversee the daily operation of their assigned commercial swimming pools, including operations and staff. Some of their responsibilities may include:
- Swimming Pool Staff Supervision – During the summer, the Aquatic Supervisor will directly oversee any Pool Managers and Lifeguards at their assigned aquatic facility.
- Facilitate Company Training – This involves the training of Pool Managers and Lifeguards to operate safe, clean, and environmentally friendly commercial swimming pools.
- Overseeing swimming pool operations – This includes training staff to chemically balance the aquatic facilities swimming pool, vacuuming the swimming pools, cleaning the pool tiles, cleaning of the facility decks, cleaning of the facility furniture, cleaning of the bathrooms, maintaining the pools circulation system, and all other aspects of running the facilities.
- Customer Service – One of the most important aspects of the Aquatic Supervisor duties is the direct contact with the pool management company’s customers. The quality of service you provide to each aquatic facility is a direct reflection on you and the company.
- Human Resources – At times, it will be the Aquatic Supervisor will need to assist in the recruiting of Pool Managers, Lifeguards and staff members for the swimming pool facility.
- Opening and Closing of Facilities – Involved with the Spring Opening and Fall Closing/Winterization of the Aquatic Facility.
- Repair and Maintenance – Involves mainly minor repairs around the commercial swimming pool facility. The Supervisors are not required to complete a repair they are not comfortable with or is outside of their area of knowledge.
- Marketing and Sales – As a key person within the company, the Aquatic Supervisor role is vital in the sales and marketing of the commercial swimming pool management company.
There are two types of Supervisor positions within our organization: Year Round Supervisor and Seasonal Supervisor. Both positions are of equal importance; however the Seasonal position is just for the pool season months. If you enjoy working outdoors as a lifeguard or Pool Manager and you’re looking for the next step in aquatics, this position could be your path to a new exciting career in swimming pool management.