The Pool Management Group in Atlanta, GA is the headquarters to 16 swimming pool management and lifeguard services locations across the US. Our customers are commercial pools, not residential. We’re the largest privately held pool management company in the US.
We have an excellent opportunity within The Pool Management Group (at headquarters) that combines pool management field operations with our strategic focus and business support role. At headquarters, our objective is helping our locations succeed, grow, and improve year over year. The Leadership & Operations position will be part of the core executive leadership team in Atlanta, making business decisions and executing strategic initiatives. This position also requires supporting our locations out in the field, performing physical pool management duties (opening and closing pools, interacting with customers) when needed.
The successful candidate should be an energetic, self-starter who prioritizes and manages multiple tasks well. We are looking for a person that has exceptional logic skills that can become a valuable part of our strategic management team and also enjoys physical work and travel during part of the year.
Candidates may come from one of two different backgrounds: Pool Management or Business.
- For those candidates coming from the pool management industry we require a minimum of 5 years in the pool management industry with at least 3 years in a supervisory position, a thorough understanding of pump rooms and pool mechanics, a Bachelors Degree, direct experience with customers, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. An aptitude with technology is a plus.
- For those candidates coming from a corporate/business background, we require a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in a corporate position. Demonstrated problem solving skills and business understanding required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, excellent written and verbal skills, and a desire to work (at times) in a more physical capacity and other times in an office business role. Previous aquatic, lifeguard or swimming pool experience is a plus.
· Assisting with creation and implementation of strategic initiatives: new city expansion strategies, business growth plans and priorities, social media campaigns, technology assessments, development and implementation of new safety initiatives, and more.
· Interacting with customers to assess and improve satisfaction levels.
· Coaching General Managers of our locations on proper processes and procedures.
· Aid in planning and execution of our annual company-wide Safety & Operations Symposium and our annual General Manager Retreat.
· Assisting with technology support and processes: our nationwide clock in system, operational reporting, etc.
· Travel is required during the pool season to provide support to our local companies in opening and closing pools, as needed. (for the candidate with a business background, you will be trained in pool operations).
This is the ideal job for:
· Someone who is currently in the pool management industry and wants to move up to a position that involves more business strategy and support work, and does not involve working directly with lifeguards.
· Someone who is currently in a business function, sits at a desk all day but wants more variety in their work. Travel, physical labor and time using your business mind are all part of this job.
Salary and Benefits:
Excellent compensation. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical insurance, long term disability insurance, 401(k) with 20% match, and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should send resume with cover letter to email@example.com