Working for The Pool Management Group
The Pool Management Group in Atlanta, GA is the headquarters to 16 swimming pool management and lifeguard services locations across the US. We’re the largest privately held pool management company in the US. Our locations serve commercial pools, not residential.
At headquarters, our objective is helping our locations succeed, grow, and improve year over year. We provide our locations strategic focus, business support and as needed operational support. Our team of employees work hard and at a fast pace particularly in the summer season. However, we also look after and support one another.
We have an excellent opportunity within The Pool Management Group at headquarters (Atlanta, GA). The position is part of the team that combines pool management field support and operations with our strategic focus and business support roles.
The Leadership & Operations team member will be part of the core support team in Atlanta. This position requires supporting our locations out in the field (travel required), performing physical pool management duties (opening and closing pools), trouble shooting pool problems, performing pool repairs and interacting with customers and lifeguards in the field. This role is an opportunity to grow professionally while progressively learning the skills to manage the complete operations at a city.
We are looking for a person who has commercial swimming pool experience, enjoys physical work and travel during part of the year.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Candidates may come from one of two different industries: Pool Management or Waterparks.
- A minimum of 3 years experience and a bachelors degree (Work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the listed requirements may be an acceptable substitute for the education requirements).
- Possess a thorough understanding of pump rooms and pool mechanics including water. chemistry and operation of chlorination and filtration systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks well.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with customers, employees and lifeguards.
- Enthusiastic with good energy and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel extensively each spring and summer.
- Knowledge of general office machines and software, including computers, printers/copiers, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- We’re a non-smoking company.
- Direct experience communicating with customers regarding service, satisfaction, problems and operations.
- An aptitude with technology is a plus.
Essential Duties include:
- Managing swimming pool operations, swimming pool cleanings and repairs in the field as needed.
- Visually inspect aquatic facilities to ensure they are up to our standards of cleanliness and water chemistry.
- Extensive travel is required during the pool season.
- Interacting with customers to assess and improve satisfaction levels.
- Aid in planning and execution of our annual company-wide Safety & Operations Symposium and our annual General Manager Retreat.
- Assisting with basic technology administration and processes: our nationwide cloud based clock in system, operational reporting, online training & office administration duties as needed.
- Tasks may risk exposure to extreme heat/cold or extreme weather conditions. Also, routine exposure to chemicals such Calcium Hypochlorite, Hydrochloric Acid and other pool related chemicals.
Salary and Benefits:
- Excellent compensation. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical insurance, long term disability insurance, 401(k) with 20% match, and generous paid time off.
- Interested candidates should send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org