This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to further build an existing company and experience the associated rewards. The majority of our General Managers have been with our company well over 10 years. Join a great company!
- The General Manager has overall responsibility for a location’s operations and employees: pool operations, pool repairs, facility cleanliness, daily staff management, lifeguard performance, pool safety, customer interfacing and retention, HR management, expense management and bottom-line profitability.
- Manage and monitor budgeted to actual revenues and expenditures.
- Deal effectively and courteously with public and employees.
- Call on prospective clients and acquire new business.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the company’s operation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates may come from one of two different industries: Pool Management or Waterparks.
- Minimum 5 years experience in swimming pool management or waterparks in a leadership position.
- Requires either: A) a demonstrated understanding of pump rooms and pool mechanics including water chemistry, and chlorination and filtration systems OR B) water safety and lifeguard supervision in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Direct experience working with customers regarding customer satisfaction, problem resolution and operations.
- Ability to work effectively in highly stressful environment.
- Possess excellent time management skills: ability to juggle multiple tasks with the ability to adjust priorities as needed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Experience successfully leading a team of employees.
- A self-starter with good energy and leadership skills.
- Exhibits a can-do attitude and a cool head.
- Willing to work long, hard hours in spring and summer months.
- Willing to follow our proven processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND SUPPORT
- Starting Salary dependent on experience. Potential to earn $100,000+
- Highly incentivized bonus programs
- Relocation allowance
- Company vehicle
- Company smart phone
- Paid time off
- 401K with 20% company match
- Group health insurance
- $20 million Professional Liability Coverage
- The team at headquarters in Atlanta runs behind the scenes of our companies, helping our locations and General Managers thrive.
About The Pool Management Group
The Pool Management Group is the parent company of 16 swimming pool management companies. We are the largest privately held commercial swimming pool management company in the United States. The Pool Management Group companies focus on lifeguard staffing and turnkey pool management as well as commercial maintenance-only pools. We are committed to providing the safest and most complete pool services possible. Each company is known for their responsiveness to customers, professionalism, risk mitigation strategies and excellent pool operations. Our unique operating model enables each location to be supported by our national resources, operational expertise & backend processes, yet operate autonomously with their customers and pool operations.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.