A Swimming Instructor position offers the perfect summer job for college students and experienced high-school students.
If you have previously been a Lifeguard and are now looking for something more challenging and with more responsibility, then a Swimming Instructor job may be what you are looking for. A Swimming Instructor will be directly responsible for organizing, promoting and teaching swim lessons at their facility. A Swimming Instructor will report directly to the Pool Manager assigned to the pool.
A Swimming Instructor will also be a Lifeguard and is someone who must be energetic, motivated, with strong communication, organizational skills and the ability to work with children. As with a lifeguard a Swimming Instructor must be Certified Red Cross Lifeguard, and Certified CPR/First Aid. A Swim Instructor Certification is desirable.
The Swimming Instructor will oversee the safe and proper operation of swim lessons, including; teaching swim lessons in accordance with company procedures, insuring customer satisfaction with operation of lessons before, during, and after sessions, accurately completing records and collecting of monies, insuring areas in which you teach or store supplies are kept clean and organized.
In addition to the required certifications we assure that each Swimming Instructor is provided the training necessary to perform the Swimming Instructor job to the highest standard required by the Company.
If you are looking for an exciting summer job, possess strong leadership and communication skills and enjoy working around swimming pools with a winning team, we’re looking for you.
- Lifeguarding certification by Red Cross, YMCA, StarGuard or equivalent.
- Effective communications skills.
- Enjoys working with children.
- Details Oriented.
- Swim Instructor Certification a plus.
- Part Time/Seasonal employment.
- Safety is Number One! – insure the safety and well being of students at local facilities.
- Cleanliness – insure areas in which you teach or store supplies are kept clean and organized.
- Customer Service - insure customer satisfaction with operation of lessons before, during, and after sessions.
- Payment and Record Keeping – accurately complete swim lesson records and insure all monies are collected in accordance with company procedures.
- Swim Lessons – teach swim lessons in accordance with company procedures.
- Extras: Work with a friend – Early applicants can refer a friend and we will make our best effort to place you both at the same facility!
Competitive compensation package.